Greetings in Christ, Jesus, our Savior!
Thanks for your prayers! I’m feeling better!
There’s lots of news here and wonderful happenings on Sunday.
1) SUNDAY, FEB. 6: COMMUNION and NOISY SUNDAY!!
- 9:15am, Sunday School Hour. The Adult Bible 101 Class will be studying the Journeys of Paul.
- 10:30am FAMILY WORSHIP & Communion (No Children’s Church,)
- Souper Bowl Of Caring NOISY SUNDAY. Bring your extra change, for a special offering taken by our children to help feed the hungry in our community.
- Sub Sale After Church – $5 each. Send order to Nancy Dermyer. Nancy.Dermyer@va.gov OR just pick up what’s available on Sunday. CHOICES: Roast Beef with Cheddar / Turkey with Swiss / Ham with Cheddar / Veggie Pizza
- College Packs will be packed during Sunday School by our youth. Please bring your donated items for the college packs need to be brought in prior to Sunday School on February 6th. NEEDED: Cookies, candy, gum, postage stamps, postcards, sample size health/beauty products, quarter (for laundry), snacks, stationery, pencils & pens, popcorn, phone cards, stickers, fingernail polish (for girls), little notepads, small sewing kits and etc in the boxes in the Narthex & near the Office.
2) Homelessness in Lenawee County, Feb. 5th, at First United Methodist Church, Adrian
Dinner at 5:30 pm. RSVP to FUMC at 265-5689. Speaker: Lad Strayer
“Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my
family, you did it to Me.” Matthew 25:40
Would you like to better understand the plight of the homeless in Lenawee County? Please plan to come for a unique opportunity at FUMC on February 5th for an educational and informative evening with Lad Strayer, of the Daily Telegram, as he presents his work on the homeless. We will partake in a delicious potato bar dinner beginning at 5:30 p.m. Bring the whole family, child care and activities regarding the homeless for children through 5th grade will be provided. A free will offering will be taken and will go to the homeless of our community. Please call the church office for additional information and to sign up for this event.
The meal is a joint effort of the men of the First United Methodist Church and First
Presbyterian Church of Adrian and will take place at the First United Methodist Church.
3) NEXT SUNDAY, Feb. 13th – Scout Sunday and Annual Meeting.