ADVENT GREETINGS! Enjoy the Christmas Spirit.
1. This Sunday is the 2nd Week in Advent, and the Choir is performing their Cantata during our worship service (10:30am). The advent Candles are being lit by our Faith Formation Class members and their families. This Sunday the families of Caitlin Kopke and Jacob Meyers (Blackerby) will be lighting our two candles. The ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS meets at 9:30am, and will be studying the Libretto of Handel’s Messiah, Parts 2 and 3.
2. BOY SCOUT TROOP 13 WINTERFEST PANCAKE SUPPER at the church THIS FRIDAY night, December 3, 4:30-7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall. $5/person or $10/family AND $1.00 off for every pound of non perishable food donated.
3. SATURDAY, Dec. 4
10:30 am Choir Practice for the Cantata
1:00 — 3:00 pm Sugar Plum Tea for Women and Girls in the Library
4. MONDAY, DEC. 6 at 6:00 pm, Stephen Ministry at the Home of Jim & Kathleen Splitt. 444 W. Oregon Rd., 6pm.
5. Tecumseh Players Radio Show THE CHRISTMAS CAROL, with Jim Splitt as The Ghost of Marley. Dec. 10th at 7:30pm, Dec. 11th at 3:00 and 7:30 pm, at Tecumseh Center for the Arts.
6. SATURDAY, Dec. 11th
10:30am, Children’s Christmas Play rehearsal with Pizza afterwards.
4:00pm, Family Trip to Toledo Zoo to see the lights. Contact Moose Haney (ph. 263-0599) for more info.
7. SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12, 4:30 – 6:00pm, MOVIE NIGHT with a discussion led by Dr. Scott Elliott. Join us for a screening of “SON OF MAN” (2006), directed by Mark Dornford-May, with a discussion following. The film retells the gospels and the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus in the context of corruption and violence in contemporary South Africa. It is an incredibly clever and moving portrayal of the relevance that the gospel has in different settings and times, showing how it is just as relevant today as it was 2000 years ago (though, perhaps, in ways you would not expect). Scott says of the film, “It is, without reservation, one of the most gripping (and smartest) Jesus films I have ever seen.” We will meet in the First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall. The film will be shown at 4:30 pm. Following the movie, we’ll enjoy pizza, beverages, and dessert, and Scott will lead a discussion. Everyone is welcome to attend. Please RSVP if you plan to come. There will be a free will donation for the cost of dinner.
Bixby Hospital: Dr. Frank Locke
Lenawee Medical Care Center: Donna Lewis, Georgianna Bartlow, Bernice Minster
Evangelical Care, Saline MI: Catherine Bussing
Provincial House: Herbert Rink
Surgery: Sam Tibbs will have eye surgery in Ann Arbor this Thursday. He needs a ride home after the surgery. If you can help out call Sam at 517-902-6091
Laurence Allen, Kathleen’s father is having Hip Replacement Surgery today in York, NE.