Greetings in the Joy of Knowing Christ!
“for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted” (Luke 18:14, part of the text for this Sunday’s sermon and scripture reading).
Our heating system is not up an running yet, but hopefully will be very soon. The church may have a bit of a chill, so dress warm if the weather is cold.
- 9:15 Sunday School — Jim will be teaching an adult class on “Everything You Wanted to Know About the Bible But Were Afraid To Ask,” a.k.a., “Bible Basics 101,” a.k.a. “How Do You Pronounce Habakkuk?”
- 10:30 — Family Worship
- Noon — CE Committee will discuss LOGOS
- 2:00 pm — CROP WALK
- 5:00 pm — Faith Formation Class Jr Hi & High School
- 6:00 pm — Youth Group Pumpkin Carving
The crop walk begins at 2pm on Sunday at the Methodist Church. Walkers signed up so far are: Kathleen and I, Caitlin Kopke, Elissa Gillin, Brandy Jacobs, Ryleigh Jacobs, and Cindy Frownfelder. Total money received so far: $165.00 Pledges (not received yet) $55.00
Please support our walkers by giving one of them a check or by calling the church office 265-2168 to make your pledge. Money can be turned in at church this Sunday. Make checks payable to CWS/CROP. The money supports programs to feed those in need.
I will be attending the Presbytery Pastoral Care Conference at San Francisco Theological Seminary Monday-Thursday. Kathleen will be here in case you want to console her (feed her) since she’s not going along. I will be one of three representing our Presbytery at this event.
THE MASTER’S GARDEN
The Adrian Ecumenical Fellowhip (Adrian’s Ministerial Association) is planting the seed for a neighborhood garden ministry. The city of Adrian has given us permission to establish a neighborhood garden on the corner of Broad and Church Streets, across from the Frosty Boy and next to the Free Clinic, right near our church!
Friday, Oct. 22, at 9am anyone who would like to help mark the garden border and apply RoundUp is invited. Wear proper clothing, have gloves and bring a one-gallon sprayer if you have one.
Tuesdays at 9am at our church, those interested in the garden meet and discuss next steps.
If you want to be on the mailing list for information let me know.
NEXT SUNDAY – STEPHEN MINISTRY COMMISSIONING during worship.
- Bernice Minster has been at Bixby Hospital but will go to a rehab facility soon. For more information contact Judy Phipps.
- LisBeth Locke had surgery on her back at U of M hospital on Wednesday. She will be coming home today and has a six-week recovery period.
- Others to keep in prayer: Bonnie Hampton’s sister, Jo Grauer; Sue Wing; my cousin Suzy Adams; our service personnel; and our Youth Ministry program.