Greetings to all in Christ!
Paul writes in Ephesians 4:1, “I beg of you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace!”
So here’s what’s happening in the heart of Adrian with the heart of Christ at F.P.C.
1) Sunday School for all ages at 9:30 am. There’s a fun adult class and the youth are learning some fun songs that will be shared by the youth choir Sunday in October!
WORSHIP at 10:30 a.m. Kathleen will be giving the message “Hope Discovered Through Generosity,” which entails reflections on Jeremiah 32:1-15, 1 Timothy 6:6-19 and Luke 16:19-31.
Following worship the Personnel Committee will meet.
THERE IS NO MEAL AFTER WORSHIP ON SUNDAY.
2) Confirmation Class & Parents Meeting on Sunday evening at 7:00 pm. Confirmation is for any youth 7th grade (or Junior High) through high school who want to experience an exploration of what it means to have faith and live a Christ centered life.
3) SUNDAY OCT. 3rd is World Communion Sunday and a the PCUSA Peacemaking Offering will be received.
5) Lance Wiesman, clerk of the Raisin Presbyterian Church (Holloway) is directing the play, “Sam and Laura,” which will be performed by the Tecumseh Players next weekend Oct. 1-3. This year marks the 100th anniversary of the death of Samuel L. Clemens, known by his pen name as Mark Twain. He has been called America’s greatest writer. To commemorate the centennial of his death, the Tecumseh Players will present “Sam and Laura,” a new play by Ron Powers. The production is set for 7:30 p.m. Oct. 1 and 2, and 3 p.m. Oct. 3 at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 N. Maumee St., in Tecumseh. I’ll be helping with the stage crew which I haven’t done since the HS/College years. Click here for more info.
6) Crop Walk on October 24th for those who want to go the distance (it’s a 10K/6.21371 mile walk!). If you want to be a walker, let me know. I have the forms and will get one to you! Kathleen and I will both be walking and are looking for people who will sponsor us. In fact we are having a competition to see who can raise the most $$$s.
If you want to sponsor Kathleen, I will forgive you. Contact her and let her know how much you will pledge. To sponsor me, let me know. You can drop the money by the church as cash or check. Checks are payable to CWS/CROP. THANKS!
6) THANK YOU EVERYONE who helped out last weekend with the Silver Strings, Maumee St. Jam, and our Come As Your Are Dinner. This was a fun filled weekend for all who could participate.
7) Let’s start a college/young adult ministry!! I have talked to a couple of people who are really excited about the possibility of our church reaching out to students attending Siena Heights University, Adrian College, and Jackson Community College. Are you interested? Let me know as I am putting together a list of those who want to make this happen and will offer ideas, and whatever level of commitment you can give in getting this off the ground.
Have a wonderful week, and remember:
“We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it – and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again, and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.” (Samuel Clemens)
God’s peace to all,