Greetings to all in Christ!
This is Labor Day weekend. We celebrate the Sabbath as a day of rest and comfort as well as a day to honor our Vocations … the way God calls us to use our gifts. In a time when we have an extended holiday, let’s remember to keep the main thing the main thing and focus our weekend activities around a time of worship and fellowship!
1) Sunday Morning Worship & Communion
10:30am – Guest Liturgist, Ms. Sandra Moon
Sandra and her family were members of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Toledo, where Jim served as pastor in the 80s. Jim baptized Sandra. She is now a student at Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary as well as the Univ. of Louisville. She is completing a Theological degree as well as a Doctorate in Law. Her parents, Hi Cheon and Kyong Moon will be attending worship on Sunday. Sandra will share some about her vocational Calling and the ministry of LPTS. If you ever been to Berkey, OH and stopped by the corner store, you have seen the owner, Hi Cheon.
For a picture of Sandra, click here. She is pictured at the Fall Phonathon.
Our guest organist for Sunday is Carol Venier. Sarah Brown will be on vacation.
2) Session Meets on Wednesday, Sept. 8th at 7pm
3) Remember in your prayers:
- Our Custodian, Rod Murphy’s mother, Ellen Bolger, in your prayers. She is in ICU at Herrick Hospital.
- Donna Lewis, she is recovering after a fall. She broke her leg.
- Cindy Brock’s mother, Mildred “Bobbie” Stepansky, died on August 31. Visitation will be held from 6:00PM to 8:00PM on Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 at Wagley Funeral Home and Cremation Service (Prayer at 7:00PM). Click here to read her obituary.
- Carol Schirrick and Erik Gonzales who will be married in our Sanctuary this Friday evening (9/3) at 7:00 pm. Carol is the daughter of Jim Gough and Ceal Schirrick. Carol is serving in the USN.